1. Standing in the Gap held its last weekly gathering of the semester and school year on Thursday, April 27th. The group held a “send off” for students who will not be back next year and a recognition for those who served the group as leaders over the past year. The worship band also led the group in musical worship. Standing in the Gap finished the semester and year strong. We are excited to see what God will do in and through this campus ministry next year! (Go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJw8aYi4UfY to view the 2016-2017 Gap Highlights Video)
John Campbell (middle) was inducted as an official member of the Standing in the Gap Foundation during the last Gap meeting of the semester. James Strickland and Justin Airbets (left) were the Foundations small group leaders for Spring 2017.
Jake Davenport (right) and Justin and Eden Airbets (middle) were recognized during the “send off” portion of the gathering.
Mercedes Parker (middle), and the 2016-2017 Gap Leadership Team, were recognized for their tremendous investment of time and energy in serving Gap during the Gap weekly gathering
Standing in the Gap blessed Jake Davis (campus pastor) with signed photos of the group as they thanked him for serving the campus ministry. This meeting was the last one Jake served as campus pastor.
2. The Lost and Found Church had an information table at the recent Mecosta County Community & Family Expo (on Saturday, April 29th). The church has staffed a table at this event for the past few years. This is a great event to meet and greet community members and to share about the Lost and Found Church community.
Steve Headings and Jordan Brinker sharing about the Lost and Found Church community with a Big Rapids community member
Katelyn Brower and Jordan Brinker posing for a picture at the Lost and Found Church info table
3. Standing in the Gap held its “Ultimate Hangout” event on Saturday, April 29th. This is one of the more popular events Standing in the Gap holds during the school year. The event was hosted at the home of Gap’s campus advisor, Dr. Richard Hewer (Ferris College of Business).
4. The Lost and Found Church community held its April Community Meal and Monthly Planning meeting on Sunday, April 30th. The Community Meal is a time to build stronger connections within the church community and to have a great meal together. Monthly Planning meetings provide an opportunity to discuss important topics pertaining to the current and future work of the church.
5. DON’T FORGET: You can join the Lost and Found Church community for Sunday morning gatherings ONLINE! You can join in live, on Sundays starting around 10:45am via Facebook Live, by going to our FB Page: www.facebook.com/thelostandfoundbr. You can also watch/re-watch videos of past gatherings on the FB Page or on our website, at www.thelostandfoundbr.org/messages.